It was a pleasure to share the 2017-2020 Paradise Valley Community College Strategic Plan at yesterday’s Convocation. During the convocation, I asked faculty and staff to share what they envisioned PVCC to look like or achieve by the year 2020. I received 169 responses – and I must share all of you are “setting the bar high” for PVCC!. Over the next several weeks I will be sharing some of our collective visions for the future. Below are the outcomes that will drive my work moving forward.
- Equity in student success – no educational attainment gaps based on a student’s income or ethnicity
- Life Changing co-curricular and out-of-class student experiences
- A challenging and relentless faculty and staff who strive to make each other better and make PVCC the best
- An overwhelmingly engaged College in the community
- The Power of Learning as magnified through Critical Thinking-based curriculum
I wish all of you the very best for a fantastic Fall 2016 semester.